Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Warning Forever

• Please log in to reply

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
This is a neat little game that I downloaded, and became slightly addicted to. Whilst the graphics are very ordinary, it is still a very enjoyable game :) The reason I like this game is simply due to the awesome heuristics that have been developed in it -- As you kill one boss it analyses your playing style, how you died, how the boss died, and evolves the next boss to work better, to be more effective against you -- this makes it very difficult as you progress. So, your best bet is to change your playing style alot, otherwise you'll be slaughtered :) This is hopefully the sort of heuristics that will become prevelant in future games :) Here's a good review of it: [Download.com Review]

After you download Warning Forever, be prepared to spend the next two hours of your life glued to your computer screen. Any work or errands will slide down your list of priorities as you blast through level after level.

The premise of Warning Forever is simple. You command a tiny green ship with a range-adjustable cannon. You must battle a series of ever-growing, monstrous spaceships outfitted with cannons, lasers, rockets, and other weapons. Each level averages less than a minute to beat, which only fuels the game's addictiveness. The first few levels are on the easy side, but advance into the higher levels and you'll be rewarded with battles of epic proportions.

Warning Forever is an extremely quick download, and installation is simple and fast. The graphics aren't cutting-edge, but they're appropriate for the style of the game. To keep its file size tiny, the game forgoes a musical soundtrack, but it does employ sound effects of destruction as you annihilate your foes (or are annihilated). The classic-in-the-making Warning Forever will entice nearly every gamer who enjoys a space shootout.

There's also a download link on the above link, at the bottom of the page. Give it a try :tazz: I like it :)

Also, the buttons are:
Z - Shoot
D - Change direction of fire
X - Slow fire
Arrow Keys - Move

Edited by Dan G, 02 February 2006 - 06:20 AM.

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Thanks for the link, i'll have a look.