Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP extremly slow

• Please log in to reply

peterbeykirch

peterbeykirch

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please help someone. After I uninstalled Studio 9 / 10 from Pinnacle systems my Windows is not usable anymore. This might not be related to the removal of this program as the ever decreasing speed is already comming on for a while and now just got to a stage where starting explorer can take up to 3 minutes if it starts.
I also noticed that programs like REG Cleaner do start and report in the activity window as running but the program physically vere shows up.

Hyjackthis starts but a scan and saving was aborted after 40minutes of running.

In safe mode however everthing is normal and I could save the hijack this log which is attached.

Could someone give me some recommendations other than formating and re-installing Windows.

Thank You for your Help

Peter

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 19:57:16, on 01/02/06
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\Net\Programs\Anti Virus\hjt\HijackThis1.991.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - F:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] F:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VGAUtil] C:\Program Files\GigaByte\VGA Utility Manager\G-VGA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S7UB Start] "F:\Program Files\Common Files\Siemens\S7ubtoox\s7ubtstx.exe" -StartDB
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "F:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AnyDVD] F:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] F:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\Launch Application 2.exe -onlytray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DataLayer] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB2Check] RUNDLL32.EXE "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PCLECoInst.dll",CheckUSBController
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk = F:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'avsda.dll' missing
O23 - Service: AntiVir Mail Security Service (AntiVirMailService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium\avmailc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Engine Service (AVEService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium\avesvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: OpcEnum - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\OPCEnum.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - F:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please do not post hijackthis logs in this section of Geekstogo unless asked, and then, only ATTACH them...never post.

My sense is this is not your typical home machine...work ?

If so, you really should be consulting your IT department...you have some stuff on here that one usually finds in a manufacturing plant computer

You have two obvious issues

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB2Check] RUNDLL32.EXE "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PCLECoInst.dll",CheckUSBController
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'avsda.dll' missing

Both of these should be fixed. The first is a remnant of Pinnacle, the second is part of AntiVir and is likely causing serious issues at that level of the ip stack

Which brings us to issue two. Two antivirus programs are are rarely a good idea...I see AntiVir and Symantec. While it is OK to use two, it is best to use one all the time and one that is not active and only launches manually. You have two that are active (in AntiVir's case, partially active). Given the 010 setting, I would remove AntiVir if you do not use it, or remove and reinstall it, and uninstall Norton

I often find that Getright can malfunction causing performance issues.

I do not know what s7ubtstx.exe is but I suspect it is part of some low level background communication app you use for work

peterbeykirch

peterbeykirch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the help but problem is alredy solved. The problem is that the new Antivir V7 has a serious bug and cannot runn together with Norton at all. Once uninstalled everthing is back to normal.

The s7ubtstx.exe is part of Simatic Step 7 which is used for PLC programming. I am doing a lot of PLC programming even at home and only tranfer the licence everytime from my office mashiene to my home computer.

One small thing still remains that I cannot run a program called re cleaner on this machiene. As from what I see this programm should run under XP but it point blank refuses. If started it only reflects under processes but not under applications and the process window does not open.

Once again thanks a lot.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
re: AntiVir...Forget bugs, its just not a good idea most of the time

I do not know that program (re cleaner)...have a link to a manufacturer website?

peterbeykirch

peterbeykirch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry

Small typo but the web site for REGCLEANER is http://www.jv16.org/. It is a small free of charge program which has helped me before quite a few times.

Peter