Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can i retrive files i deleted when i cleared the admin user profile?

• Please log in to reply

jj patyrapson

jj patyrapson

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi
i decided to set up the built in administrator user profile account, and now want to clear it
Have hunted around in comptuer managent.found the user acccounts.but nothing to clear that proflie??
I am using an account with admin privileges
I dont know what else could be helpful just let me know!

Thanking you

Ohh poos i somehow did it,but forget that i still had files in the my documents folder.(That i didnt back up)
What a idiot!
can i retrive these files??
i would love them back as i miss them dearly :tazz:

Thanks again
Im not playing around with these computer things anymore :)

Edited by jj patyrapson, 02 February 2006 - 12:06 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You,....did....what?

You deleted the administrator account profile? Why on earth did you do that. The Administrator account is a special, super-critical account that is absolutely necessary for the computer to have.

Yes, you have administrator privilidges, but that account has other system administrator functions. I did not think it even possible to delete it, but I never tried. My feeling is that you deleted something else...

If not, you have quite possibly damaged your computer beyond repair in ways that haven't shown up yet.

To retrieve the files, your best bet is to pull the harddrive and stick it in another machine as a slave (must be a xp or w2k machine), and run a file recovery program on the drive

http://www.pcinspect.../uk/welcome.htm

jj patyrapson

jj patyrapson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi gerryf
I just relised i have used the word deleted when i should be saying cleared.
The built in admin Profile is still there but its like new. before it was cleared it was being used.
I gave that software a crack with no luck. :tazz:

It looks like they are lost forever.
Lesson learnt