Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove outgoing mail that was too large and is now stuck in

• Please log in to reply

JoeSI

JoeSI

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When I opened Outlook, it was slow to get going. A message is stuck in my outbox, and the error message "MAPI spooler has already begun transmitting this message" appears when I attempt to delete it or move it. I tried to send a message that was too large.

Soon after opening Outlook my CPU climbed to 100% usage and stayed there. I hadto reboot to get the computer working properly.

I have tried operating in Safe Mode to delete the Email in Outlook, however this error message occurs when attempting to delete the e-mail, move to another folder, or open any other folder in Outlook after the delete attempt:

I did a system restore to prior to the e-mail date, the program is working again and is not getting stuck but the e-mail did not get removed.
Can someone help me and tell me how to remove this outgoing e-mail?
PS. I can send out other e-mails even though this one is stuck in my outgoing box.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Was this a mapi-based email account? MAPI means Messaging Application Programming Interface, and it is different from a pop3 account, where you have a self-contained application that sends thing to a server.

A MAPI email situation is usually more like a connection to a remote server--think dumb terminal and mainframe...the work is actually being performed remotely, the email program is more of an interface.

So, what was your account ?

JoeSI

JoeSI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Was this a mapi-based email account? MAPI means Messaging Application Programming Interface, and it is different from a pop3 account, where you have a self-contained application that sends thing to a server.

A MAPI email situation is usually more like a connection to a remote server--think dumb terminal and mainframe...the work is actually being performed remotely, the email program is more of an interface.

So, what was your account ?

My account uses a pop3 account.
I see the message in my out box, I try to delete it but nothing happens, I try to open it and I get the message "Can't open this item. The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message." We did get new software for making videos and tried to send a video clip before reducing its size for e-mailing and now this is what is stuck in my outbox.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Go to FILE > WORK OFFLINE

Close OUTLOOK

Open OUTLOOK

try to delete it now

JoeSI

JoeSI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Go to FILE > WORK OFFLINE

Close OUTLOOK

Open OUTLOOK

try to delete it now

I tried that and it did not work, I forgot to mention that it says it sent it last friday even though it did not.
Have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Joe

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
outlook version?

JoeSI

JoeSI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Outlook 2000 SP-3

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://support.micro...123120121120120

Scroll down to the CREATE NEW PERSONAL FOLDER FILE and follow the instructions there...

JoeSI

JoeSI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The suggestion to go to Microsoft did not help so I went to a company called Juvio and let them fix the problem. I think they ended up making a new Mail Box like suggesed above and deleting the old one.

Edited by JoeSI, 08 February 2006 - 08:03 AM.