Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD copyright encoding

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tataulus

Tataulus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I noticed this when I was trying to put a dvd onto my 5th gen. Ipod:
Usually, Videorea works extremely well, however, the movie I had downloaded encoded terribly. The movie was still, the audio skipped and it had a slow refresh rate.
I found out this was a result of DVD copyright encoding. I ask you; Is there anyway to get around this?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to [b]copied (copying), pirated (pirating), or in any other way stolen[b] programs (files, songs, movies, or any other copy protected media). It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin

Tataulus

Tataulus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The automatic assumption of my later post was that I intended to obtain free content, this is not true. Movies that you buy, can also have the copyright encoding, all I want to do is put on my Ipod. I am very upset with the moderator, and hope he will open his mind before he opens his mouth.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
I am the moderator of which you speak...and maybe i should have placed a little more clarrification on my previous closure....If the dvd you are trying to copy (for whatever reason) is copywriten...then WE cannot help you bypass that copywrite...no matter what you are trying to do...you may be trying to just get the video on your ipod, or you may be trying to make 10,000 copies of the dvd for the black market. i have no way of verifying your intentions. nor can i account for the intentions of anyone who, in the future, will read your thread. Therefore, we cannot permit anyone to advise you on how to get around the copywrite protection on the dvd, it's not personal...i'm not calling you a thief...but you have to understand the nature of this forum...anyone can come here...and anyone can find answers for things...so if we help you with something of this nature and you are honestly trying not to do anything illegal...then the next guy who comes around and finds your topic...might be doing something illegal..in which case we just helped him break the law...which is against our TOS...this is not an issue that we take lightly and i appologize for the inconvenience....i am once again going to close your topic because of these reasons....

if you have issues with this PLEASe pm either Kat or ScHwErV with a link to this, and your other topic with a detailed description of the issues.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
As was already explained to you, we will not help you get around copywrights, no matter the intended purpose. Even if your purpose is as pure as the driven snow, the next guy who finds that advice via google may not have the same intent.

No one here will help you break copywright protection, period.

Since you didnt decide to heed the warnings of one of our moderators and came back with an attack on him personally, I have given you a 5 day vacation from posting here at Geeks To Go. We appreciate your membership, but we cannot have someone attack our mods.

ScHwErV :tazz: