Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gaming related LAN/router query

• Please log in to reply

frg7700

frg7700

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

Hi all,

Not sure if this should be here or in the Games bit... But here goes.

I've been trying to setup Ubisoft Scrabble 2005 at my girlfriend's place... Her Desktop/my lapotop both connected to BT Voyager 205 ADSL modem/router, the desktop via ethernet the laptop via USB.

Both machines see and speak to each other fine for file and printer sharing.
Both machines have a net connection.

When I try to host a game of Scrabble (or try to find one hosted on the desktop) nothing is found.
At my wit's end.....

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi frg7700,
Sorry, I'm not quite clear on how Scrabble works on the computer -- are you connecting to a website? Or did you download a program onto your computer, and are you now trying to play it on your network? However, this is probably just a port issue. Do you by any chance know what ports you need for Scrabble? If not, can you please tell me the name of the program, or the website you're connecting to to try and play?

I'll hopefully be able to walk you through the process of opening ports, or if you already know how, then you can spearhead this initiative on your own :tazz:

-Dan

frg7700

frg7700

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, but I actually managed it last night.

Don't think it was a port issue, both machines were local.

I'm not 100% sure what it was that got it working (dozens of different settings played with).

Thanks again for the reply though.