Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RDC Problem with Windows 2000 accessing Windows 2000 server

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
i am having issues with a machine using remote desktop connection. the problem has only started occuring recently and the error message is:

"because of an error in the data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again."

i looked on the microsoft website and it just says "try to reconnect" as the solution, which is obviously no help whatsoever because the problem just happens again after i reconnect.

anyone stumbled accross this one before, have any ideas?

many thanks in advance

:tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Home or office?

What kind of router/switch?

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
home, logging into a server at the office
d-link di-524 is the router type

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Ohh, ohh ohh.....now I see. I thought this was one or the other....makes more sense now.

Update the firmware on your router. This is a known issue with a d-link router, but I honestly don't know if it was your specific router.

It was fixed with a patch some time ago...not sure why it is manifesting itself now...perhaps the office server has received an update recently that kicked in....

Either way, it will not hurt you to update, and if it is not the fix we can move on

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
okay, will let you know what happens