Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 or GeForce 6800GS

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I don't know which of the two to get. I am not buying either of them right now, it'll probably be in like a month or two but I need to save up accordingly. I have a lot ofgames for the pc (F.E.A.R., Swat 4, NBA Live 06, Doom Resurrection of Evil, Battlefield 2, Half Life 2, Area 51, Cricket 2005 etc.)

My current pc specs are:
3.00GHz with HT
1GB RAM (400MHz)
128MB GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
80GB HDD
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
17" LCD Monitor

If anyone got an idea about which of the two I should get then please tell me. Also let's try & say that price is not a major factor for this. Oh & also I have the Xbox, NOT Xbox 360 duh.

Thanks
Manu

Advertisements

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I would have to say get the card, but I love computers and not so much consoles. What I love about PC's is they can be upgradeable... But thats just me, its really what you want to do. Get together a cool PC or get a console, its your style of gaming. (But I think you'd be really happy playing BF2 and the games you got on the video card you want...)

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

I don't know which of the two to get. I am not buying either of them right now, it'll probably be in like a month or two but I need to save up accordingly. I have a lot ofgames for the pc (F.E.A.R., Swat 4, NBA Live 06, Doom Resurrection of Evil, Battlefield 2, Half Life 2, Area 51, Cricket 2005 etc.)

My current pc specs are:
3.00GHz with HT
1GB RAM (400MHz)
128MB GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
80GB HDD
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
17" LCD Monitor

If anyone got an idea about which of the two I should get then please tell me. Also let's try & say that price is not a major factor for this. Oh & also I have the Xbox, NOT Xbox 360 duh.

Thanks
Manu

To me this is not really a question anyone could answer, but i could be wrong. This is your personal choice, are you a hardcore gamming or just a guy that likes to mess around playing games? I would have to say wait on XBOX 360 as they have stopped producing them due to the fact the CPU's are freezing. Their are to many bugs, I would recommend the card because the XBOX will drop significantly in price. My theory is never buy something when it first comes out because theirs usually something wrong. Hope i helped you decide.

Have a great day.

~Justin.

Edited by Burton1, 07 February 2006 - 02:22 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm gonna move this to hardware components as this isn't any kind of tech news or what not.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Go for the vid card. But, in the end its really up to you. I like the fact that pc's are upgradable. And a GOOD 256 vid card is probably about half the price of an xbox. And a really good one (512 ddr) is about the same price as an xbox. Not to mention all the things you can do on a PC, that you cant do on a console. Just my 0.02 cents.
-Pete.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
they have some 6800gs's at $185-$199. I would get that or a even better video card for the pc. Up to you though.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would get the card, you can do more for pc there is a bigger selection of games, the games that come out are often larger and higher quality in pcs. And pc games are cheaper and the prices go down much faster, better online play on pcs as well, and you get to use a mouse and keyboard which is better for gaming than a joypad.