Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need to find recently deleted internet history files please help

• Please log in to reply

trilo8

trilo8

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i always delete my history after browsing the internet but have deleted a site i visited yesterday and dont know where to look. i have looked in my recycle bin and nothings in there can sumone please tell me where these files go so i can find it i really need to find that site

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

When you delete the history, it is deleted permanently. I've never heard of anything that could restore your history.

However...every single website you've ever visited is saved on your computer...unless you clean it out. You could use a Windows search to search for any file that was created on the day you visited that site. You should be able to find some HTMLs, pictures, etc. that belong to that site. If you open the HTML, the address will point to the HTML on your computer, but once you start surfing the site, the address will have the name of that site.