Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

online news video problem

• Please log in to reply

fledgling

fledgling

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi guys-

I was trying to watch a Dateline news clip and came up with this problem. The clip started url video.msn.com and showed a commercial which viewed perfectly. However, when the news clip started, it looked like a Jackson Pollock painting..just splashes of color moving around. Since the commercial came in good, why would the clip be bad?

My laptop is an Acer TM8104WLMI , Intel M760 (2.0 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache), ATI Radeon X700 128MB, 1 GB DDR2 533,Win XP Pro 2002 SP2

I tried other sites and some work perfectly but others are just splashes. Could this just be a security setting( I have Norton) or is it something with my video card??

Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you updated whatever media player you're using to view these files to the newest version?

also..have you updated your video card drivers (probably not the problem but never a bad thing to try)

fledgling

fledgling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

have you updated whatever media player you're using to view these files to the newest version?

also..have you updated your video card drivers (probably not the problem but never a bad thing to try)

Thank you, Dsnette, for such a quick response... and solution. It was the media player. I ran the update and went from Win Media Player 9 to 10 and now the news clip looks fine (although the content is disburbing).

Again, thanks a bunch. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry...i can only help with computer problems not social ones...hehehe glad you got it working