Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

External Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

justenhansen

justenhansen

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi. I just bought an enclosure for a hard drive. With every computer I've tried it on (like 6) it was recognized perfectly, except for mine. When I plut it in to mine, my computer slows down to about 1% at first. It takes forever to recognize that anything has been plugged in. And when it finally does and supposedly is ready to use, it won't open. The hardware manager even says it is a usb 2.0 storage device. Anytime I try to do anything with it (like try to open it or open the properties), it takes hours, and then doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and searching for better drivers.
What problem does my pc have with this enclosure?

Thanks so much for your time! Justen

PS. Other external hard drives work fine on my computer.

Advertisements