Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

finding original files in "!" land with itunes

• Please log in to reply

sickbird

sickbird

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently taken my old library out of my old computer and put it on a new itunes library on my new computers external hard drive. All went well and I ended up with 3500 songs on my new computers external drive. A few days later I ripped all my favorite audio cd's onto my itunes library. I then had 4200 songs on my itunes, all worked and played on my itunes library. I then snyched my ipod with itunes to pick up the other 700 songs. It collected all these songs and they play on my ipod now. The problem is trying to play these songs on my itunes library, when I double click on a song it brings up that it can't find an original copy of the song. I follow a search for the files but they are no where to be found. There are little ! ! ! ! points on all files of the old library. Somebody please help me to be able to find my music files, I know they are there because my external drive has 20 gigs on it under properties. Thanks Ben

Edited e-mail address for privacy

Edited by coachwife6, 17 February 2005 - 06:31 PM.

Advertisements