Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a new PC

• Please log in to reply

Virus Anonymous

Virus Anonymous

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Greets all,

I'm looking at some pieces for building my first computer (primarily the products on newegg.com), and I have a few questions that someone can hopefully answer.

If at all possible, could someone give me a list of all the hardware pieces required to build a PC, as well as compatability issues between different pieces that should be taken into account when selecting specific products. I'd also appreciate a list of anyone's recomendations of which brand would be best for each.

A suggestion for high quality speakers would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/ has everything you want to know and more.

As for speakers - I'm not a speakers kind of guy, I'm happy if they play any sound at all :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats a fairly good site, give us a shout with specifics after readng it, to put all that info together it would take us a while and you wouldnt properly understand it really, best thing is to do research go on the hardware review sites, like hexus and tomshardware you can get some great info from them.

Speakers, i like a good set but im more than happy with this cheap 5.1 set from liddl i use now perfectly adeqaute creatives are quite good, and so are altec lansing.