Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptop Coma

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Ok, a friend of mine (hand to god) dropped his laptop and it shut off on him, he tried to it on again and the green light came on but nothing else (fans and what not) pretty soon the green light stopped coming on and the laptop began showing no response to anything, even plugging in the power plug doesnt show a light saying its charging. He no longer has a warrenty and he said he had broken it before and they charged him $500 dollars to replace the mobo inside. I want to open it up to see if theres anything I can do to save him time and money, I took out all the screws but it still doesnt want to come out, it opens up about 35 degrees then stops because the plastics at the elbow (where the lcd bends) wont come apart i went to the sony website to get schematics but i got a delivery message like this

This is the Postfix program at host flamingo.stt.com.sg.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

The site was pretty shaky and most of the links were broken so I cant say I was surprised. So I'm in need of some help here

How the heck do I open up a PCG-SRX55H Sony VAIO notebook?

Please help a fellow geek :tazz:

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Laptop Repair
2nd Feb 2006

Try this thread – Post Laptop Manufacturer & Model Number