Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just a quick question to the pros

• Please log in to reply

aerostarlegacy

aerostarlegacy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
in the attatchment, the line goes up and down lots. just wondering why and if it is normal and is there a way to make it go faster?

ps does anyone know where to (legally) get MS paint?

Attached Files

• Attached File  Doc1.doc   213.5KB   24 downloads

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't quote me on this...because that seems like alot of fluctuation...but..without mor einformation it's hard to be sure....i think that that is rellatively normal....depending on y our network usage...i mean....any form of networck connectivity is not a steady stream..there's a lot of peaks and vallies...though...those are alot of very similar peaks and vallies so..i dunno...

as far as paint...google paint.net beta

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The network adaptor monitors ALL traffic that goes over the network port, not just Internet Traffic.

If you're using an Ethernet modem or a router then your levels will fluctuate wildly depending on your internet traffic.

The nature of the internet means you will see copious peaks and dips as servers take on and shed extra load through the day. If you just happen to be downloading from a server that's overloaded then you'll see it in your monitoring logs.