Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

overclocking

• Please log in to reply

born1974

born1974

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello, I have an A-Bit Is7 MoBo, Dual channel pc3200 400 Mhz. memory, Prescott 3.0E CPU 800Mhz FSB.

Right now i am overclocked to 3.45Ghz, cannot change multiplier (locked at 15x) I belive my FSB is now 230x4=920 FSB. Is that to much for my memory, as my memory is rated for 400Mhz. 920 FSB would be 460Mhz on my memory. I wish i could figure out how to unlock the multiplier. would it be safer to run at 5:4 ratio. i know i can push the CPU. but not sure about the memory. I am stable but nervous. Any thoughts? Thanx.

Edited by born1974, 03 February 2006 - 02:34 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
You're probably close to the limits of your memory and CPU. I doubt you'd push the CPU much higher, unless water cooling. You don't say what brand or speed your memory is, so it's hard to say how fast it may go. Have you tried increasing the voltage to the RAM?

born1974

born1974

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My memory is kingston. I'm not sure what you mean by speed. it's running at about 460Mhz if that's what you mean. in the bios it's at 2.5,7,3,3. i do have a water cooler but it only dropped the temp a little. after 3 hours at 100% the CPU temp reaches around 62 degrees celcius by flashing the bios. Iv'e heard the you can push a prescott to almost 4.0Ghz with proper cooling.My memory is what i'm most worried about.
Thanx for the reply.