Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me to upgrade my system please

• Please log in to reply

HELPLESSMAMUSH

HELPLESSMAMUSH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a hard time figuring out how to locate the volume license product key on my computer. This computer was donated to me by someone who went to a computer program , where it was donated to her. I am nolonger able to get in contact with her so I'm basically stuck.

Please someone tell me how to figure this out.

The manufacture name isn't even on it I don't think.

but there is a sticker of some sort:

EXPERT GROUP

Thankyou

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Volume License keys are sold to businesses in bulk...if you are not the original holder of the license, you are not entitled to use this copy of Windows, I'm afraid...they should have wiped the machine before donating to you.

In other words, inadvertantly, you are pirating software. We cannot offer help on this forum for this machine

I am very sorry. I know it is not your fault, but it is site policy

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also....if the machine has 2000 on it already...then the volume license key would be for 2000 and wouldn't work for xp anyway....you should be using the license key that came with the copy of XP that you purchased