Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan startpage

• Please log in to reply

geordie

geordie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have updated norton antivirus it recognised trojan startpage but will not delete when i explore to the file in windows xp system 32 folder i cannot delete file that norton recognises as the trojan

any help please

Advertisements

SierraBear

SierraBear

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Go here and download and install SuperShredder: http://www.analogx.c...ystem/shred.htm
Configure SuperShredder to appear on your "Send To" menu when you right click on a file. Disable System Restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to properties, then to the System Restore tab and check the "Turn off system restore" checkbox, then click apply. Then find the location of the file on your drive and right click on it and send it to the SuperShredder. This should remove the file. Remember to turn System Restore on again. This worked for me with other trojan infections when nothing else would. Good luck! :tazz:
SierraBear

geordie

geordie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you for the info have downloaded file shredder all now working ok now,
have bookmarked download site some interesting progs,
all the best SierraBear from this side of the pond!!

geordie washington uk