Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noobie problem-EDB and address bus bits

• Please log in to reply

Madi

Madi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Good morning:) I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but I can not get any help from either my teacher or classmates. It seems either they don't care or don't know.

I'm in computer networking, it's my second year and I'm enrolled in a basic hardware course.

In my lab book, there are different models of CPUs, such as P4, AMD Althon and on and on. I need to find the external data bus bits, and the address bus bits for each CPU. I have looked EVERYWHERE on the net. I can find the basic Pentium EDB and address bus all the way up to Pentium III Xeon. I found that they all have a 64-bit EDB and a 32-bit address bus bit. I start having problems when I get to the Itanium, II, AMD Athlon, Duron, Athlon XP, and Operton.

Also, if someone could PLEASE PLEASE shed some light on the EDB and address bus. I'm so confused but determined to learn this stuff forwards and backwards. I would really appreciate the help.

Edited by Madi, 03 February 2006 - 07:22 AM.

Advertisements