Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shift key seems stuck

• Please log in to reply

raksasas

raksasas

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am working on a laptop. It is acting as if the shift key is stuck. It will type in all caps with the caps lock off. Lower caps when caps lock is on. If you push the . key it puts the > instead. Clicking on icons or files selects multiple items. I have looked at Sticky keys in the Accessibility Options and it looks to be off. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you actually checked the key itself? get some compressed air and blow it under the key...i once had a piece of cheeto under my f key....lot's of beeping and f's...

raksasas

raksasas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
It does it on the laptop keyboard and the keyboard on the docking station.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well jesus..that's not right heheheh...i'm gonna assume that you've done a thorough malware scan?

LATIN

LATIN

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Please Help i have the same problem but only when i hold the shift key down more than 8 secounds how can i stop it from doing this please

any help would be really apreaciated Thank You