Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

How to duplicate hard drive

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have an IBM laptop which has tons of spyware/adware problems. I've already posted in the "Spyware removal forum" but so far have not been able to solve my problems (ie. IE being hijacked). I'm so frustrated and want to look for other alternatives or quick fixes so that I can work on my laptop and email files. At this point, I'm willing to reformat my harddrive and start from scratch (already tried to "restore factory setting" but those problems continue to exist). Worse yet, IBM did not provide any software in physical form when I purchased the laptop (ie. windows, IE and other software can only be installed through the step mentioned above = "restore factory setting").

My brother has another IBM laptop (identical model), is there a way for me reformat my own hard drive and duplicate his hard drive?

Can anyone please help??? Thanks a lot.

Edited by wru200, 03 February 2006 - 12:12 PM.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
your current best option is to be patient and let the malware guys do their job...they're extremely good and very efficient at what they do...but they are very busy people...just please be patient...if it's been longer than three days..then read this http://www.geekstogo...ays-t95503.html