Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IPOD 60 GB Video - Cannot upload music from ITunes - always crashes. L

• Please log in to reply

PaulWitherspoon

PaulWitherspoon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I bought a video IPOD 60GB a couple of weeks ago and I downloaded the latest ITunes (V6) and IPOD Updater (2006-1-10) for windows (I run a Dell Laptop with Windows XP Home Edition). I used to have an IPod mini which worked fine with itunes and I was able to upload music any time I wanted.

Right now though, with my new IPod, when I try to upload music it uploads a few files (arbitarty number could be 1, or 1500) and at some point it crashes and my ipod reboots and I lose my music (however the space the music should have taken up is actually in use on my ipod, even though I cannot access or see the songs). I have tried
1 - uploading entire library
2 - uploading large playlist (over 2000 songs)
3 - uploading small playlist (under 100 songs)
4 - using disk mode or manual update and downloads songs in batches or 30 or so.

On every occasion the ipod would display the same crashing behavious - my files would go (even though space is being used) and I would have to reset firmware before ITunes would even view my ipod sometimes.

I tried downgrading the IPod firmware and then updating instead of restoring with the latest updater - still no good.

I thought it was my ipod so took it back and got another one from the store - but I get the same problems. I am truly losing my mind with this. Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Edited by PaulWitherspoon, 03 February 2006 - 01:54 PM.

Advertisements

williaml

williaml

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Spammer Banned. :)

Edited by Kat, 09 February 2008 - 12:56 AM.