Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unmountable_Boot_Volume

• Please log in to reply

maru

maru

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

I was using my computer (using media player, web surfing, and extracting a file) when suddenly a msg pop that said wrong disk in D drive, please put in my disk. So i cancel the msg, because i wasnt using the d drive. The msg keeps poping up i kept canceling. Anyway that didnt work so i reboot my computer.

And then it reboot to blue screen, and the msg was:
Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.\

Umountable_Boot_Volume.

PS I have just install the microsoft updates of malware removal tool and some other utiltiy (sorry i forgot). Also im using Window XP Sp1.

Please help me!!

Thanks.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Try This Microsoft Fix

Murray

maru

maru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Murray

I tried the link u suggested, and i think i got a damage file system, because my stop error msg contains: 0xC000032. So i follow their instructions i did the chkdsk /r twice, and could only get into the safe mode once right after doing the repair. But whe i do restart i get the same error msg again. I also did the fixboot twice that didnt work either.

So what can i do now? And what causes a damaged file system?

Thanks for your help.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Could you post the entire error message including the details??

Murray

maru

maru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Murray

It seems like my computer is back to normal (for at least today), after i tried that chkdsk /r for the third time. After the third time i did the repair i went into safe mode and uninstall a few programs that i have been using when i encounter the problem. And i also use Registry Mechanic. Then i reboot and now it seem okay. (Im still kinda hesitant about it, im worried my computer stop working again. I wonder is it a compatibilty issue with the newest version of spyblaster 3.5.1 that i just install a few days ago.)

Thanks so much for your help.

Edited by maru, 03 February 2006 - 08:57 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
It shouldn't be but one never knows..

If unsure, just uninstall that program for a little while and see how it goes..

Murray