Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Browser Problem

• Please log in to reply

williesbest2

williesbest2

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I'm jumping to the conclusion that browsers hate me. Firefox keeps locking up on me. This happens about 5 times a day during normal activities. I've run multiple scans with nothing showing up. This all started happening when I installed Firefox 1.5.0.1 (the current version). Ever since I have been having problems with lockups. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Uninstall the new version and reinstall the old, if you must keep Firefox. Do you have any difficulties with IE? How do you connect to the internet?

Johanna

williesbest2

williesbest2

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I connect via a 3mbps cable internet connection directly through modem. I've already had problems with IE. I downloaded the beta of IE7 (it's removed), but I'll try reinstalling.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
the first beta in my experiance is faulty, the second beta i havent herd anythig negitive or postive about but make sure you have SP2 before instaling it.