Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Constant REBOOTS on my Laptop

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Eversince I installed the NetGear RangeMax Wireless Router my wireless laptop keep getting reboot and here is the message after I report the problem to Microsoft:

Solution found: contact Intel® Corporation to obtain the update

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys) was created by Intel® Corporation. Intel® Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Intel® Corporation recommends that you visit the following website:

Intel® Corporation

Additional information

Microsoft did not create, nor does it provide technical support for Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys).
If you have trouble installing the fix or the problem you reported persists, please contact Intel® Corporation and alert them of the problem.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello Brian,
That error is basically telling you that you need to contact Intel® Corporation to obtain update(s) for your drivers etc. Have you tried doing this? You could have a look at Intel's website and see if you can find any new drivers for your hardware (especially your Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)).

Edited by Dan G, 05 February 2006 - 08:08 PM.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem. Short of actually calling Intel nothing else seems to work.