Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant REBOOTS on my Laptop

• Please log in to reply

brian411

brian411

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Eversince I installed the NetGear RangeMax Wireless Router my wireless laptop keep getting reboot and here is the message after I report the problem to Microsoft:

Solution found: contact Intel® Corporation to obtain the update

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)

Solution

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys) was created by Intel® Corporation. Intel® Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Intel® Corporation recommends that you visit the following website:

Intel® Corporation

Additional information

Microsoft did not create, nor does it provide technical support for Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys).
If you have trouble installing the fix or the problem you reported persists, please contact Intel® Corporation and alert them of the problem.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello Brian,
That error is basically telling you that you need to contact Intel® Corporation to obtain update(s) for your drivers etc. Have you tried doing this? You could have a look at Intel's website and see if you can find any new drivers for your hardware (especially your Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)).

Edited by Dan G, 05 February 2006 - 08:08 PM.

vip2017

vip2017

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem. Short of actually calling Intel nothing else seems to work.