Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

tansfer files, pics & contacts(palm) from one computer to another

• Please log in to reply

roger259

roger259

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
How do I transfer pictures(kodak desktop software), files, and contacts(palm desktop) from one computer to the next computer using a wireless router?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Make sure the data you want to transfer is shared on the network, and that the computers have permission to communicate.

Johanna

roger259

roger259

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am not very computer literate and would you please give me step by step instructions. I'd really appreciate it.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Creating Shared Folders from My Computer or Windows Explorer
To share a folder with the network with Simple File Sharing disabled, you can use My Computer or Windows Explorer and follow these steps:
  • Open a window in either My Computer or Windows Explorer.
  • Right-click the folder that you want to share and then select Sharing And Security from the pop-up menu.
  • Click the Share This Folder button.
  • Type in a Share Name or accept the default name. Windows XP uses the actual folder name as the default Share Name.
  • Type in a Comment, if you desire. Comments appear in the Browse list when users search for network resources. Comments can help users to locate the proper network shares.
  • Specify the User Limit: Maximum Allowed or Allow This Number Of Users. Windows XP Professional permits a maximum of 10 concurrent network connections per share. Specify the Allow This Number Of Users option only if you need to limit the number of concurrent users for this share to fewer than 10.
  • Click OK to create the shared folder. The folder now becomes available to others on your network.
NOTE

To remove a network share, right-click the shared folder and choose the Sharing And Securiy option. Click the Do Not Share This Folder option button and click OK. The folder will no longer be shared with the network.

from here:http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=30421&seqNum=1

Johanna