tansfer files, pics & contacts(palm) from one computer to another
Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:21 PM
Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:32 PM
Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:40 PM
Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:01 AM
To share a folder with the network with Simple File Sharing disabled, you can use My Computer or Windows Explorer and follow these steps:
- Open a window in either My Computer or Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the folder that you want to share and then select Sharing And Security from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Share This Folder button.
- Type in a Share Name or accept the default name. Windows XP uses the actual folder name as the default Share Name.
- Type in a Comment, if you desire. Comments appear in the Browse list when users search for network resources. Comments can help users to locate the proper network shares.
- Specify the User Limit: Maximum Allowed or Allow This Number Of Users. Windows XP Professional permits a maximum of 10 concurrent network connections per share. Specify the Allow This Number Of Users option only if you need to limit the number of concurrent users for this share to fewer than 10.
- Click OK to create the shared folder. The folder now becomes available to others on your network.
To remove a network share, right-click the shared folder and choose the Sharing And Securiy option. Click the Do Not Share This Folder option button and click OK. The folder will no longer be shared with the network.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users