Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"GO DVD"

• Please log in to reply

Bushcheats

Bushcheats

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Does anyone know how to hook-up "GO-DVD?" I followed the instructions and hooked it up as was told, but I can not get the unit to work...

I have a cable box hooked-up to my tv. Is this the problem?

GO-DVD is suppose to clean up your VHS videos so you can transfer them to a dvd with the best possible picture.....It is also suppose to be able to make a copy of copy-righted videos, but they have 2 models and I think the new one (the CT-2 model) can not do this...Is this true?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
most likely correct about the new model. dmca would be the reason for that.

1. The GoDVD requires the use of separate VHS tape deck or DVD recorders. Combo units, where the VHS and DVD are in one unit will NOT work as is. You can use a combo VHS/DVD machine, ONLY if you have a separate VHS or DVD recorder, depending on how you want to record. See below: (We are not responsible if you don't know your equipment.)
From VHS to DVD - You will need a separate VHS deck and a separate DVD recorder.
From DVD to DVD - You will need a DVD player and a separate DVD recorder.
From VHS to VHS - You will need two VCR's.

Bushcheats

Bushcheats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks "starjax" for your help....But I still can not get the "Go-DVD" unit to work even when I hooked it up with my video recorder and my dvd recorder, which are 2 separate units....How do you tell the thing is working?.....Does the picture on your tv darken when you press the button on the side of the "Go-DVD."

Pegasus2966

Pegasus2966

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have both DVD player and a separate DVD burner and I am unable to get it hooked up to where I can see the DVD player through the burner. I can not find my paper instructions. I have a CT-2 model for my GoDVD. How do I get it set up to be able to burn? I have had it work before, but is not doing it now. Can someone please help.