Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resizing Word window squashes text

• Please log in to reply

ash1066

ash1066

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have created a simple website using MSWord 2000. Everything is fine except that when I resize the window to make it smaller the text and images in the window squash up to fit in the smaller window, instead of staying where they are and just limiting what I can see. I don't know if this is anything to do with it being a web page because the same thing happens when I open the page up in Word on my PC. You can see the problem for yourself at www.ashleyhastings.co.uk
Any ideas?
Thanks

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi ash1066,

Your site looked allright to me. My only comment is that the graphic that you use next to the text on each page does overlap on top of the text when I view your site. I would suggest having a look at the "table" setup, as it appears that the first two columns are pushed too far to the right. I think that is the problem that you are talking about.

Maybe this needs to be moved to the Web-Design-and-Web-Hosting forum, so that some of the more expert people there may be able to fix the problem more quickly.

HTH
Octagonal

Edited by Octagonal, 04 February 2006 - 10:02 PM.

ash1066

ash1066

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks Octagonal, but there's a bit more to it than that.
Whenever I reduce the size of the window in any other website, the content stays where it is while the amount of it that I can see reduces - just like looking through a real window, you see less of the view with a smaller window. But with mine, you always see the full view, but with everything crushed together. To see this for yourself, go to www.ashleyhastings.co.uk and drag the window smaller.
Sometimes it looks a bit squashed together even when people open it in a full-sized window (as it seems it did for you). So tweaking the table properties to suit one persons view isn't going to solve the problem - in fact, it looks perfect when I open up the site, until I reduce the window. I need it to look right, and stay right when the window size changes, as with every other website.
Whether it's got something to do with the fact that I created the site in Word, I don't know.
Thanks anyway!

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
ash1066

I had another look at the page and I see what you mean when you resize the window. Maybe this is simple to fix, but this seems a little out of my depth. I shall see if someone with the magical powers can move this thread to the Web-Design-and-Web-Hosting forum, where there are people more knowledgeble than I in reading the page code.

Octagonal