Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ad-aware SE Personal

• Please log in to reply

x3ssp92x3

x3ssp92x3

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
basically my computer is spyware infested, i posted my hijack this log somewhere, and they said to run a scan suing the ad-aware program. However whever i try to run the program the toolbar and desktop go default, then there it turns into a blue screen that says this exactly:

STOP. c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Login Process system terminated with a status
f (0x00000080 0x0000008).
System has been shut down

--or something of that nature
I then need to reboot, some help would be greatt =D

Advertisements

th3

th3

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You need to follow as many of the steps shown here first. These resolve approx 70% of problems.

When you have done that (or as much of it as is possible) then post a brief description of your problems and attach the HijackThis log here

They are busy so don't expect an immeadiate reply :tazz:

x3ssp92x3

x3ssp92x3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I did the Clean up, but whenever i run the Ad-aware it still comes up to the same blue screen and i need to reboot once the search just starts. Is, there some other type of program i can use, or is there a way to fix the glitch?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
there are a number of programs in that clean up...if you cannot run that one, move through all the steps, post the log, and note that you were unable to run adaware