Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Why my computer keep shutting down?

• Please log in to reply

nordin

nordin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've tried to follow what I was told to get a clean bill but it wasn't an easy task for a biginner so I am back this time with less problem in my computer than last time.So I've installed spaywareBlaster and got all the update for my windows xp.my question is what is the reason why my computer shut down and start right from the begining if I leave it for few minutes unused.it doen't hebernate but closing down?please help !!!!!!!
COULD TELL ME IF THERE IS A SPESEFIC PROGRAM TO DOWNLOAD.PLEASE DON'T SEND ME TO A COMPLICATED FORUMS WHERE I DON'T HAVE A CLUE FROM WHERE TO START.STEP BY STEP HELP

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it's about as straight forward as we can make it.

Your PC is likely shutting down due to too much heat....Open the side, be sure to touch the metal case before touching anyhing inside.

Clean out the dust bunnies from fans and vents

nordin

nordin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,I have done what you have told me but it didn't help,also I would like to say that if I leave a music playing or watch bbc news for example it doesn't shut down except if there arn't programs running that this problem happen. the other problem is to put the computer on in the first place,it can take from 5 to x mns or hours to get it started. and thank you for any help