Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Star Trek Armada problem

• Please log in to reply

Marshall212

Marshall212

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have had this game for years, but rarely play it. It for no reason I know of...turns of by itself, window and all. Once I really start getting into the game (say about 20-30 minutes), Star Trek Armada 1 (there are two games) exits and takes me back to the desktop. Now when I play it on the XP operating system, I usually get a dialogue box that claims: "there is an error (with a number but don't remember at this time) and that STA must close, do you want to send an error report to Microsoft...." I would appreciate any help anyone can give---this problem has baffled me for years and I don't know why it isn't working correctly. Within the past year I bought the Star Trek Armada 2 game and it works perfectly fine. Any thoughts, any suggestions??? Thanks for the help.

Marshall212 :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
armada 1 had all kinds of issues. was very buggy and they never really released a good patch for it. About the only thing I can suggest is to use "compatabilty" mode and set it to win2k and see if that helps.

Marshall212

Marshall212

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi starjax,

I just about gave up on the Star Trek Armada post, so imagine my surprise when I was cleaning out my old emails and found an email notification from GeeksToGo.....I'll try to adjust the compatability mode and see if that works, but I think that I've adjusted that already... but if I haven't, I give it a try. Thanks for the advice.

Marshall212 :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If that doesnt work i would just leave it and stick to armada II which is a pretty good game i like it alot would still play it if my copy hadnt been damaged.