Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange XP Network problem

• Please log in to reply

Knotweed

Knotweed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have 4 computers connected to a wireless router, 3 (P2, P3, P4) by wireless and 1 (P1) with network cable. I have installed the network and ping works in all directions. All 4 connect to internet no problem. Firewalls set up for access OK. When clicking on "Show computers connected to this work group, all 4 can see all 4. Now the problems:
1. When trying to open a disk drive on P3 with any of the other 3 the error message "No enough server Memory for this operation". :tazz:
2. P2, P3, P4 cannot see P1 (cable connected) in the network neibourhood. But P1 can see all 4. ;)

I have tried many things to solve these problems with no success. Problem No. 1 is my biggest headache, does anybody have any ideas?, has anyone had this problem? I would appreciate any assistance I could get. :thumbsup:

Advertisements