Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Download From Websites x.x

• Please log in to reply

NeedyNerd795

NeedyNerd795

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've recently tried to help my friend get a hold of some files using File Front. She's told me that with her PC she has had issues downloading from sites lately, it usually tells her the download has timed out (She is using a Dell.. not sure what year or model number). And runs on Windows XP. I've tried the following:

A. Tools > Internet Options... > Security > Custom Level...
And went through to see if anything was unchecked that should be.. or checked that shouldn't be, etc.

B. Tools > Internet Options... > Privacy > Set to Accept All Cookies
But still no go.

C. Tools > Internet Options... > Advanced...
And repeated the description of A.

I'm usually good at fixing things through pot-luck. But was unfortunately unsuccessful. You guys have helped me before, so I hope you can help me now. Her downloads are in your hands.

Edited by NeedyNerd795, 04 February 2006 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
timeout sounds more like bad connectivity--have her reload nic drivers or modem drivers as a start.

NeedyNerd795

NeedyNerd795

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Could you tell me how to do so?

NeedyNerd795

NeedyNerd795

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
EDIT: The reloading the modem didn't work, now it's not saying anything at all. Just won't download.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download or surf?

did she update to sp2?

With sp2, you get a pop up on the top of the browser saying do you really want to download this? Click here