Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Random Menu Drop Downs on screen and in apps

• Please log in to reply

Ethel2Tilly

Ethel2Tilly

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My sister is having random appearances of her drop down menus. It seems to be connected with her mouse. When she moves her mouse, various menus appear depending on the application she is in. If she is on the desktop, the Start menu appears and then other menus from the Control Panel appear. Sometimes it is the Right Click menu from the systray that appears. If she is in email, the mouse will move from the body of the email up to the toolbar, and display various drop downs. I have confirmed that she has no viruses, spyware, adaware and malware (thanks to this site). This happens at random, and not all the time. It happens when she is connected to the net (dial up) as well as offline. I had her to reload the mouse driver from her installation. I am not sure how to find and download an updated mouse driver. I am stuck. Can you help point me in the right direction. Tia!

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Ok lets start with info

what type of mouse make/model
pc or laptop

Ethel2Tilly

Ethel2Tilly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
She has a Compaq PC and the mouse is a Compaq. Not sure of the model.. here are the numbers found on the mouse! R41108, MIN:M042KC, S/N 030312711 PIN 5187-1786 REVA.

The PC is about 3 years old, and the mouse driver is dated 2001. No problems until about a month ago.

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Please go here and find out what model it is.

Compaq

Ethel2Tilly

Ethel2Tilly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Presario S3200NX Compaq

tia

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
compaq driver

go here and download the keyboard/mouse driver for this machine, its dated 2005 so is much newer than what you have.