Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Problem

• Please log in to reply

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
I was trying to transfer some games from my ps2's hard drive onto my pc and now my pc wont start up properly i am writing this on another computer right now when i start it up it says please select the correct boot device or boot disc the problem with that is i don't have my boot disc anymore i sent my computer to get serviced awhile ago and the disc was in it and i never got it back does anyone think they can help me with this problem thxs

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you would need to explain in detail to us how you were copying those games to the drive for us to have a prayer of helping you.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
well there is a program called wiinhip that is used to copy playstation games to your playstation hard drive so i connected my playstation hard drive and tryed to copy all the games to my pc hard drive then my plan was to then turn off my computer and put in my new playstation hard drive but in that process i think i may have made my pc hard drive think it's a ps2 hard drive so now i can't even load windows up

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
where's the PS2 drive now?

I do not know this program, but from what I can gather, it is used to back up your games to your PC drive,then copy them back to a larger drive, then put the larger drive back in the PS2?

In other words, wiinhip is a windows program for backing up a drive.

Did you put the drive (PS2) on the same cable or different cable then your PC drive?

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
no i left the drive that had my windows stuff and everything i only have one pc hard drive and i dissconnected my dvd burner and connected my ps2 hard drive to it and basically yes that is what the program is for so i can send games from my computer to my ps2 hard drive

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
load bios and make sure the pc hard drive is detected and then make sure that u have hard drive as the 1st priored boot device

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
how do i load bios??

unethical

unethical

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Irrellevant post. if you don't have something constructive to add to a thread...then don't press teh add reply button

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
omg :tazz: ok now does anyone have an answer to my problem not a comment on my english?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
would we have a current DETAILED update on the original problem and your current status?

Advertisements

synystar

synystar

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
It sounds like you need to double check that you have all of your cables connected correctly. You attempted to attach another hard drive to your computer and now the original hard drive does not boot.

First verify that you have the data cable connected properly to your hard drive and to the motherboard. make sure it is not loose first of all, or partly connected, and if it is not a cable that it is impossible to connect it backwards, make sure that it is not.

Then verify that you have power connected to the hard drive and it is spinning up. Listen to it and place your hand on the top of the drive to verify this. If it spins up and the data cable is connected properly, you will need to go into your BIOS setup to verify that the drive is being detected. Would need to know what type of computer you have to determine how to walk you through that.

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
yes i am still having the same problems umm i guess this is the only way i could really describe what my computer is it is from a store called mdg you could check out there site there http://mdg.ca/ i have a pentium 4 windows xp sp1 i don't exacly know how else to describe it but maybe if there is something important that i left out i could answer it later thxs for all the help you guys :tazz:

synystar

synystar

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
So have you verified that all the cables are properly connected? If you accidentally pulled it partly off your computer will not boot. If everything looks good, then try tapping the <Delete> button repeatedly immediately after turning your computer on. There are different ways to enter BIOS but this is the most common. If that works, then note the BIOS type and version (usually at the top of the BIOS menu once you are into it).

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok thxs alot i'll go try that now and yes the drive was connected properly

-_R1_-

-_R1_-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok i got the bios started up my bios version is