Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft excel

• Please log in to reply

mitchbade

mitchbade

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok, i have xp and i have the office package with all the good stuff like word,excel, powerpoint, etc... Well they all open but excel. i got excel to open once about 20 mins ago but ive also tried about 15 times in the past hour to open it with no luck. What happens is when i click on excel it says "preparing to install etc... " stuff like that then when it gets ready to try to install it says im missing a file and exits. any ideas?

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
You got a corrupt install.

Just reinstall it

mitchbade

mitchbade

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
desade you again, yeah the computer came with office pre-installed, so i am just screwed?

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I would take it back and tell them to install it again.

Honestly they should not supply software and not the discs, that really annoys me.

mitchbade

mitchbade

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
yeah it pissed me off too, its my moms computer, i personally would never buy one w/o disc i think i got it to work. thanks for the input!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Easiest thing in the world for them to do when installing it is just choose the COMPLETE (not typical) install option and unchecking the delete installation files when the installation is complete, and all your worries would be gone. Smart tech's do this, stupid one's (like the Geek Squad for example, gosh they are retarded) don't.

Fenor