Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

glitchy glitchy problem's (help)

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hello agene.

Ok so I have another problem guys, and I donít rely know how to explain it, but I well try my best. Ok so I have had recurring problems that well not go away. I have had it for jest about a year and have always been to lazy to fixed it, but enough with the girl talk the problem I have is that my computer well freeze on its own between programs that am in whether it may be games or jest browsing the internet when it frizzes the monitor terns off then terns on and it well appear all glitchy and a notice well come up, ďVPU RecoveryĒ. I have included a photo in this post that I would like you guys to look at and give me your opinion on what it may be let me jest make a quick comment I donít think itís a virus or a ad aware because I have already formatted my hard drive twice. It has to be my video card or sum other hard ware I have on the computer. I have also already upgraded the video drivers and it is still happening.

AMD Athlon 2500 833 MHz
Asus A7N8X v2.0 Deluxe
Gigabyte RADEON 9200SE SERIES 64 MB

Iím not sheer if it added the attachment so if it didnít plz email me so I can send you the photo email address removed to protect user

Edited by Kat, 04 February 2006 - 10:53 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
VPU Recovery is graphics and a feature of ATI graphics cards. Basically intended to give you a picture back if the card stops responding for whatever reason.

This is usually caused by drivers, or could also be caused by a faulty graphics card.

Best thing to do is visit http://www.ati.com and download the newest drivers from these to see if it irons out the glitch. But as you've done this already, I would suspect the graphics card itself.