Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Silly Audio Control Question

• Please log in to reply

icyprincess77

icyprincess77

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
OK, bare with me during this. I have a dell inspiron 6000 laptop with media center control buttons. Now, to adjust the volume I press buttons on the media center control and there used to be a horizontal box that pop up over all my windows to tell me about high the volume was, because it's hard to tell what setting you have the volume on without going to volume control center and checking, especially if you aren't even playing music or something. (Do I sound crazy yet?) SO, out of no where this horizontal box has completely disappeared and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back? It's no where along the edges and I just can't find any menu which has this option of having it appear.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
on my pc, that was in the system hardare...a bios update wiped that out...by any chance did you update the bios? Fiddle around in there>

I cannot say, since my machine is not a Dell, and it's a bit long in the tooth

kind of miss that, now that you mention it