Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Internet Problems

• Please log in to reply

HyDekar

HyDekar

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi all...

I recently moved my computer out of the office into my bedroom to have a bit more space in both places. Because of that and the Modem stays in the office (because there are 2 other computers down there), I decided to use a wifi router and PCI card to connect to the Internet from here. After alot of hassle, 2 routers and 2 PCI cards later, I finally have an almost perfect connection if not a little loss of Internet speed...

I am able to connect to World Of Warcraft with Medium or Low Latency, and Quake III with playable latency as well... However some weird stuff happens whenever I try to play Warcraft III or Starcraft over Battle.net.

I am able to join other people's games that I don't know at all perfectly with no LAG. However whenever a friend and I try to set up a private game over Battle.net, either I can't connect to his/her game, or they can't connect to mine. Weird? We can both connect to other games, but not to eachother. I've tried this with two completely different people, and computers, so I'm guessing it's on my end.

I have set up correct port forwarding and triggering on my router to accept port 6112. And currently have no firewall activated, due to trying to get my NVIDIA firewall to work properly.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :tazz:

- HyDekar

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can we get an update on the status of this issue please?