Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is so confuzing

• Please log in to reply

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ya i seee that...I dont have half of any of those things...like my device manager list is nearly empty heres what i have on it in order

Advanced power management support
ATI Multimedia Video Driver
Dial-up adapter
Kodak DC-120 Digital camera
Plug and play BIOS
processor support
System board

NOW!!! the problems are...I have a wireless router and ethernet NOT dial up...and my camera is not a kodak its a kensington but i cant get anything in the hardware list....maybe this is a bit more help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you click start then windows update

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
do you have anything like msn or yahoo messenger? this is taking a while lmfao
and windows update said there are no critical updates and the updates that are there are for language inputs

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Click report then quick report then plain text, remove any personal details from the top and then copy and paste the rest here

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
this is so stressful now...i did that diagnostics thingy but what am i supposed to do???that is not helping its just saying what i haave it still doesnt show anything different...why did you ask this on my computer...you see i need specific directions but not only that i need to know what im looking for you said copy and paste something???where? :) :tazz: :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The Everest report will provide us with the information we need to find out why the USB controllers are not showing in your Device Manager. This may not be a "click and grin" fix...

If you are using the machine we are working on, open the Everest report, right-click in the text and choose "Select all"...right-click again and choose "Copy". Open a Reply box here like when you post, right-click and choose "Paste".

Give us a bit to look over the log and try to figure out what happened...

wannabe1

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i gave that report thingy to wannabe1 hehe hope that wasnt bad..but thats far to big to copy paste and i dont know what i was supposed to give....so have it all

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I have the report and am looking it over. I've also attached it here for Keith.

Have you changed anything in the BIOS or done a BIOS upgrade recently?

wannabe1

Attached Files

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
no I never heard of that how do i do it and what do i need?

p.s please dont control my computer unless your going to fix it hehe :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Restart your computer and tap either the F1 or Delete key during the boot sequence. It should tell you on the bottom of the first screen which key it is..."Press [key] to enter setup"

Once in BIOS Setup, you're on your own! :tazz: Just kidding, but you may have to look around a bit to find this setting. It's usually located under the "Advanced" heading. You'll be looking for "Legacy USB Support" or something very similar. Use the arrow keys to navigate to that setting and then use the + or - key to set it to "Enabled". Save the settings (usually F10), accept the change, and restart the machine.

Run another Everest report and send it to me as you did before...lets see if the machine is detecting the USB ports now.

wannabe1

Advertisements

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
hey..i dont have that option for BIOS advanced...i went into what was like that but my virus notificator os disabled...the plus or minus didint do anything...enter did nothing....and there is not a thing for the legacy usb thingy...so i odnt know i even had my mom up here....so is there anything you can do?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Is this an OEM machine ie: is it a compaq, HP, Dell, etc...? If so, what is the make and model number?

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
its a UMAX...And i dont know the model number and im not alllowed to open the tower.....holy.....id think after my surgery i could get the cam going haha looks like it is more then a click and grin hey?...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yep...so far, no click and grin... :tazz:

Download and run This Program from Microsoft and see if the USB ports show up.

Send me a fresh Everest log after running the downloaded application.

wannabe1

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok i looked at the properties...nothings changed at all

the report was the EXACT same..so no point in sending it...but maybe it has to do with some odd thins like
C:\WINDOWS\HWINFO.EXE is also known as IMAGING.LNK but it looks like a computer chip and its supposed to be a kodak thing cuz thats what it was the past forever....and i got D-link why is it reading Dial up in the computer properties?....maybe that can be useful

Attached Thumbnails

• me2006.jpg