Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is so confuzing

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What's bothering me is why are your usb controllers not showing up? Do you have the disk with your motherboard drivers on it?

wannabe1

Advertisements

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
nope...i dont...is there a site that would have them?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's go back into the bios setup (Press the Delete key during bootup). According the the Motherboard Manual (<--download this for future reference...it's a pdf file, so it will take a minute), the USB Controllers are setup on the Integrated Peripherals Setup screen in BIOS. We need to see that these are enabled.

The controllers will be listed on this screen as On-Chip USB Controller. The manual shows the default setting for this as "disabled", so if you set the bios to default at some point, this may be your problem. For information on "how to do what" in BIOS, take a look at the manual (above link) or press F1 while in BIOS Setup for a help menu.

Let me know what you find...

wannabe1

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
that weirdo manual isnt a real thing?? where di you get it from it dont open and i have like 4 copies all in my computer... and i told you b4 i dont have ANY of those options in the setup when i restart the computer really i dont have anything that says any of those things thhere are absolutly no USB NOTHING options

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok i found it...now the only thing left is to find openhci.sys which is NOT on the win 98 se cd i ran a find and run not there where do i find this...

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i got all excited when it said new hardware found :tazz: now i cant get the drivers in

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you have the set up screen

You should be able to use the right arrow key to highlight Integrated peripherals then press enter

Use the down arrow to highlight USB then use the page up key to change this to enabled, then press F10 then type Y then press enter

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
do you have a copy of openhci.sys? that i can have??????its no where on my disk or computer

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You can download the file HERE.

Thanks for the screenshots, Keith!! :tazz:

wannabe1

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
can you find me usbd.sys now?

Attached Files

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Usbd.sys

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
almost there :tazz: i was going to ask another one but i figured out the site thanks sooo much i hope this works

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I hope it works, too. That is a handy site...they've got most everything for usb support.

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
aww it crashed out on me but ill reboot it and see if they work right...cuz as soon as the update was 100 it went blue and i should have wrote it down but ill brb

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
something went really wrong and i had to disable my usb thing to get back to normal mode...after i downloaded the usbhi.dll then it crashed out i restarted it it said windows protection error must restart over and over what was that was it a virus atached to it?