Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

file corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM PLEA

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not a problem...you will have to forgive me, but my computer was going wiggy on me and everything I was typing was coming out five seconds later...had too many things running in the backgroud

Yes, rename that SYSTEM

place it in c:\windows\system\config

Each RP file will have its own date...if one is not dated prior to feb 5, go to the other ones.....generally speaking, there should be a number of those files in there....what we do not want to do is go all the way back to the oldest one if we can help it
april 7th in 2004

Advertisements

trunxzzz

trunxzzz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok i tried doing what you said. but when i put the harddrive back into my computer i have the same problems. it tells me that the ati drive is not installed or something like that. my wireless card isnt showing up , hence no internet. i can ply some wmv files but when i try to open winamp for example, the windows installer window pops up and tells me its preparing to install something and i have to wait for about a minute before the winamp opens. i tried changing the screen resolution to 1024 by 768 so things would move better but when i drag windows its still lagging in a way. i guess its because its not recognizing my ati video carD? should i try another _restore folder? maybe the feb 9th one? also i think my sound drive is also not found. overall the computer is acting weird. =(
so fustrating! sorry

Edited by trunxzzz, 15 February 2006 - 02:29 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, but wait...if it is running, just not well...why not just reinstall the needed system drivers?

What kind of PC is this? Homebuilt, Store bought?

We can always go back and try another one, but I think that reinstalling the drivers may help

trunxzzz

trunxzzz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
its a homebuilt. but the thing is i dont really have all the drivers stuff with me since my friend built my computer when i was in california. i am now in florida. and another thing is that the only cd installation thing that i have is for my wireless card and when i try to install that it says the operating system denied access to the specified file K:\Drivers\Setup.exe

i have no internet access =( and also cant open my word documents =(((

Edited by trunxzzz, 15 February 2006 - 02:52 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
of course you have internet access...your posting here.

either way, try and find some earlier snapshots. prior to feb 5 and repeat the above