Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service Pack 2

• Please log in to reply

janemaddick

janemaddick

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

You recently solved my malware problem but I have subsequently made a stupid error concerning CleanUp! During the installation of Service Pack 2 there were warnings about lack of disk space and so i was prompted to free up some memory. I completed a disk clean up in the normal way and also deleted some music files to free space. A further message came up prompting me to again free up some space. In a moment of madness I ran CleanUp! forgetting that it should not be ran when other programs are being used. After CleanUp! finished its run I was prompted to restart but I delayed this for the obvious reason that i was in the middle of installing Service Pack 2. On completion of installing Service Pack 2 I was prompted to restart and so I did. Since then I have been unable to reboot at all. Each time the Windows logo comes up the computer automatically reboots. I've tried starting up in safe mode but still it fails. After disabling the automatic restart on system failure a message comes up informing me:

STOP: C0000135 {Unable to Locate Component}

This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

I am obviously very concerned about this as i fear i have got rid of very important files whilst running CleanUp! Is there anything i can do to resolve this? I am now using a friend's computer to access my GeekstoGo account.

I hope you can help.

Many thanks for your time

Jane

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
These instructions detail how to remove the service pack once your system is free of it make sure you have enough space then reinstall it.

Removing SP2

Once you get too step 10, scroll up the page and follow one of the methods for removing SP2

What you have done up until step 10 is only so you CAN remove sp2.