Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1000 Ram Cover Removal

• Please log in to reply

fiddlechick

fiddlechick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I must have had too much coffee today because while trying to remove the ram cover to add more ram, I stripped the screw. How do I remove the cover now? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
You might try a better screwdriver, not all are the same and with enough pressure and a good screw driver you can often get the screw out.

You can also try cutting a slot in the screw and using a blade screwdriver to get it out.

Another option is to cut the head off and hope there is enough of the screw to use plyers to get it out (I would not count on this).