Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 2100 printer not working properly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I am using EP home edtion on my Dell computer and recently reinstalled my HP printer 2100 (all-in-one) after a computer crash.

I encountered some problems getting it to work OK, but after a lot of "foolin' around" now everything is working OK on it. However, I still have one small problem....

Every couple of hours or so, I get a pop up dialoge box on my desktop that says "An error occurred in communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure that the scaning device is connected properly and try again". When I get up in the morning, there are about 8 - 10 of these messages stacked up on my desktop. Otherwise, the printer and scanner seem to be working OK.

It appears there is some sort of "timer" in the computer trying to connect to the printer...any suggestions on how to correct this is greatly appreciated.

Tennnistm

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Duplicate post. Topic closed.