Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can not access outlook express

• Please log in to reply

binsch

binsch

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Hi,
on my computer at home i can not access the mail server from outlook express. it was working fine until one week ago when it would say this

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '209.178.195.63', Server: '209.178.195.63', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

it says this although i have not changed my password at all. i have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall (ez antivirus and zonealarm) but it displayed the same message. at work i have the same outlook express but it is working as always. i dont understand why it isnt working at home.
thank you in advance
ben

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have checked the settings are identical, including whether the server requires authentication, can you set up another account and connect with that

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
what do you men

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use the work PC and open OE then click tools, accounts, mail, properties for an account which runs, check every tab and not the settings, then compare them to the other PC settings for OE.

It may be that re-entering the details will work, though setting up a new e-mail account would also test it

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
sorry i didnt post sooner but it started working randomly
thanks alot for your help
ben