Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

***STOP: 0x000000F4

• Please log in to reply

Jman6807

Jman6807

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have tried what i know so now im looking for some professional help.

Im been Getting What some call The Blue Screen Of Death

The Error is : ***STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x81746020,0x81746194,0x805F9F88)

I have no idea what this means. But i saw the words Dumping and then Memory so i new it was not good. So i opened up my computer to look at my RAM because last week i just bought a new stick of RAM and i thought that would be the case but everything is ok. Thats where i didnt know what to do next :) . It goes to this " Blue Screen Of Death " Everytime i leave my computer alone for more than like 15-20 minutes. Please if you know of this and how to fix i could really use help :). Thankyou Very Much

PS: Im sorry that the odds are youve gotten people with this problem many times before .. Also i found this and thought it would be appropriate for this problem.. hehe :tazz: :) :)

Edited by Jman6807, 05 February 2006 - 02:21 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
actually, that one is pretty rare...which leads me to think hardware

I'd do two things, run a memory tester
www.memtest.org

and run a hardware diagnostic test from your harddrive maker

I think your drive is dying, but it could be memory....

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
u r getting a windows stop error, chk out ur ram configuration if the problem started after adding the ram....else do an sfc /scannow from the run box and make sure u have the sp2 disk handy in case required :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I like this achilles guy

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well umm how am i supposed to do that :tazz: (in detail please ) because im not very familiar with fixing these kind of things and i am very lost.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
James, please do not PM people to ask for help on open issues. Ask in forum so people with similar problems can benefit

Go to
www.memtest.org

download either the ISO image and make a CD or download the Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win), extract it, put a floppy in the drive and click the install.bat

This will create a bootable floppy.

Leave floppy in the PC and reboot, then windows will start from the floppy and run the test. Let it run at least three passes. Report errors

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok im am sorry i wasnt taking that into mind. Oo my names JOSH :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sorry josh

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ill reply with what happened : )

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well is there another way besides The floppy disk or ISO thing because i saw the PURE DOS deal and i didnt know what to do.

Advertisements

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ya i tried to do the DOS deal but i have no idead what im doing and i do not want to mess my computer up. So i dunno. :tazz:

Edited by Jman6807, 05 February 2006 - 05:17 PM.

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi can u tell me when this screen started coming up and recently what are the hardware and software changes have u made on ur computer

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi can u tell me when this screen started coming up and recently what are the hardware and software changes have u made on ur computer

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i added 512 MB of ram bout a week ago. and it only goes to the blue screen like id have to say when i leave my computer alone and no one touches it for about 20 minutes. Its never went to a blue scrren when i was actually on it only when im away from my computer.

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi,
i am sorry but ur reply is not quite clear in here.
anyway take the added ram out of ur system and then observethe situation and can u tell me what is the bus speed of the ram that u got ??
also send me the model of the motherboard and processor