Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

***STOP: 0x000000F4

• Please log in to reply

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
y im not that familiar with umm pretty much all of the things you said. So i might not be able to help you there.. mmmm

Advertisements

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
O but i got this program called Sandra that tells me all of that so ill try my best

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
ok, take the RAM out of ur system that u have added and use ur computer for a day and chk if u r getting any error or not, and then tell me

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok ill do that.

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
umm i have to say i did that just yesterday.. umm i took the drive out to make sure everything was ok.. and it was so.. ya im not sure what to do : (

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Im thinking about just redoing windows.. i dont know whats wrong and im waisting the whole day away on this..

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Maybe ill just take it to the computer store and get it checked out... they will know exactly whats wrong

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi,
dont worry first we need to isolate the issue in here, we got to chk if this is a hardware or a software issue, so go ahead and remove the ram that u have added on ur system and chk if things are working good or not, if things are good then it is an issue with the new ram and if it is not may be the operating system or some other program we need to chk

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok..

Jman6807

Jman6807

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok heres what i found out.. On this site it said if it occured only recently after installation of new hardware to do These Steps

1. Boot from the Windows XP installation CD
2. Choose the 'press enter to set up Windows XP now' option
3. Press F8 to skip through the EULA
4. Now press R to begin a repair installation

i agree because i installed new hardware and its happened since then so i think i might give that a try because it says it will detect new hardware correctly or something so ima try that nad ifit happens again ima do what you said to see if it is and if it happens then im going to the computer store.. So theres my plan.

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi, I've just had the same problem at work.
It hasn't got anything to do with your memory
According to Microsoft (found a KB somewhere, don't remember the number) the problem is caused by your hard disk which is not connected as master disk (so, as slave). Everytime you enter stand by mode and want to get out, you get this stop error.
To immediatly remove the blue screen, just boot in safe mode and reset again.
You should check if your hard disk is slave. If so, make it master...

hope this helps,
greetz

EDIT: try this link http://support.micro...om/?kbid=330100

Edited by Caracas, 06 July 2006 - 01:56 AM.

s1ck

s1ck

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, I've just had the same problem at work.
It hasn't got anything to do with your memory
According to Microsoft (found a KB somewhere, don't remember the number) the problem is caused by your hard disk which is not connected as master disk (so, as slave). Everytime you enter stand by mode and want to get out, you get this stop error.
To immediatly remove the blue screen, just boot in safe mode and reset again.
You should check if your hard disk is slave. If so, make it master...

hope this helps,
greetz

EDIT: try this link http://support.micro...om/?kbid=330100

hi! i got same thing happenin sometimes, but i hav SATA hd so there are no master/slave jumpers on it. its connnected to da primary controller so everything shold be fine. but i recieve BSoD like once a week with either F4 or 7A error.
my mb: asus m2n32-sli deluxe
hd: western digital WD3200KS

Viren

Viren

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What make is your computer ? Is it a laptop ?

Usually the branded laptops have a proprietory utility software pre-loaded which misbehaves sometimes resulting in the "***Stop...." error.

I faced the same problem on my DELL laptop. Unless you have the Tools and Utilities CD from the vendor, it will not be possible to rectify the problem on your own. You will also need the original Operating System installation CD.

If you do not have both, then go to the vendor from whom you purchased or to the service centre of the branded PC.

If you do not have any proprietory software pre-loaded, then the best solution is to remove all the hard disk partitions, recreate them and install the operating system again and install the rest of the softwares. Do not forget to backup everything you need before removing the partitions.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;330100

just some more info for you

i would start making backups save your valuable stuff on your computer because it is dying i dealt with stop error 0x0000007a and it died every thing thing was damage harddrive motherboard could use harddrive on another computer it just died
so just create back up cds and keep trying to fix it

Edited by rushin1nd, 06 November 2006 - 09:20 AM.

s1ck

s1ck

• Pip
  • 3 posts
2Viren: its a custom desktop so i dont have any bs tools/programs installed.

2rushin1nd: comp is new and hardware is brand-name so i shouldt be dying.... i hope...

comp is passing all stress\stability tests\checkdisks