Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

accidentally remove calculat, games

• Please log in to reply

smithxx99

smithxx99

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i accidentally remove calculator, games, and tools from xp sp2, from windows from add remove windows componetns. now i can't install them back... i will install only some games. thank you for you help.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
go back to add/remove componants and add them back

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i did thanks... but it didn't install them. it ended up erasing wmp. is kind of chaotic. only installs internet games. i have the index off though.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you select games, then check the box, click DETAILS and check all the boxes?

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
thanks i got all the games but i'm missing still the calculator and the paint etc. also i found out i'm missing file sharing because i erased network services. how can i recover this

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
calculator and the paint == look under accessories and utilities

file sharing...are you certain you are missing that? Right click a folder, choose SHARING

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
thanks i'm improving. i think there is a logic problem. i must have the box check to be installed, and de-checked to be uninstalled at all times. where is peer to peer i think is the reason i lost kazaa ???

smithxx99

smithxx99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I got it 95% fixed thank you for your help. i'm missing the clipboard, won't install but it doesn't comeby default anyway ... thanks again