Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor gone bright

• Please log in to reply

grifter

grifter

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey folks, after moving house and re setting up my system i boot everything up and my monitor seems to be showing things slightly too bright and with bad contrast. I've compensated by trying to alter the settings on the monitor but I think it might be something else. It's bearable, but I do think somethings up.

any ideas what it could be?

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
What type of monitor is it
crt, lcd?
digital, analogue?

make and model?

grifter

grifter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
it's a viewsonic va702 lcd, digital

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I have had a look and best I can tell is your have knocked the backlight out of alignment.

Take it back and have it repaired under warranty, (it should be covered). If you leave it you may cause a heat build up from the light.

grifter

grifter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
omg, I've never had to take pc stuff back before. I bought it in malaysia, taking it there isn't an option but it should still be under warranty like you say, will my local shop take it?

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
if thats a lcd monitor u should have an auto configuration or auto adjustment button on the monitor on screen display, use that and if that does not work then try for the color settings on ur monitor and chk out and reply if that does not work

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

omg, I've never had to take pc stuff back before. I bought it in malaysia, taking it there isn't an option but it should still be under warranty like you say, will my local shop take it?

My apologies I read the viewsonic site wrong in regard to warranties.
Here is the text.

# To obtain warranty service, please contact ViewSonic Customer Support for a Return Authorization number (RMA). You will be required to provide

1. A copy of the dated sales slip.
2. Your name.
3. Your address.
4. The serial number of the product.
5. A description of the problem.
6. Mobile and wireless products, customer should provide the user name and the password in order to access the device and perform warranty service.

# Bring or ship the product prepaid in the original container, with the associated accessories, to ViewSonic or any ViewSonic authorized service center.
# For additional information or the name of the nearest ViewSonic service center, contact your ViewSonic dealer or ViewSonic.

Edited by DeSade, 05 February 2006 - 07:15 PM.